Google Analytics is one of the most commonly used analysis tools. Google Analytics offers you an additional reporting option and to obtain and analyze relevant information about the user behavior of your customers. You can evaluate:
- How often your website was visited
- Where your visitors come from
- How long they stay on your website
- Search terms, target pages, entry pages
Use Google Analytics in your mailings to get to know your customers better and monitor your sales.
How to set it up:
Log into your CleverReach Account and go to My Account / Extras / Integrations:
Click on Google Analytics and hit "Establish new connection".
A new window pops up, asking you to enter your Google Analytics login data. Now software is connected to one another.
Check the „Google Analytics“ checkbox when creating your email:
You’ll receive the evaluation in the Report of your sent email (with all figures concerning your email):
Why are some figures not shown in my report?
- Your email contains links from landing pages you didn’t add the Google Analytics Script to.
- You have to create a new token – simply establish a new connection in My Account / Settings / Integrations
Further important info:
- To enable Google Analytics tracking, the linked website must also have Google Analytics. During the evaluation, you can find your mailing with CleverReach® as campaign source.
- By activating Google Analytics, parameters are attached to all the links in your newsletter. The links for each individual newsletter are clearly marked so that you can precisely assign where the visitors on your website come from.
- Campaign Source (utm_source): In our case, that’s your CleverReach® newsletter
- Campaign Medium (utm_medium): Your campaign is spread via the medium email.
- Campaign Name (utm_campaign): That‘s the name of your sent campaign