In your recipient groups you can add up to 45 custom fields. After creating the new fields you can either fill them with data manually or by importing a file. Go to your group and click [Settings] > [Fields]. Here you will see all fields you have saved, beginning with group fields and then listing the intergroup fields. In general we recommend using intergroup fields. Find more information here.
To add a new field just click [New field] and enter the field name.
You must then also declare what type of field you are creating. This is important so that later on potential date and number fields can be used correctly within the system (see segmentation). When creating a field the following types are available:
- Text: for simple text fields, e.g. First Name and Last Name
- Number: specifically for numeric values such as ZIP, coupon code
- Date: for date information such as birthday
- Gender: necessary for personalized salutation
In addition you have the following options:
- Online text: this functionality enables you to enter a fixed alternative value to be displayed in the online version.
- Group-spanning (selected by default): fields that are intended to be available to all groups. This is necessary if e.g. multiple groups should be addressed and the recipients should receive a personalized salutation (find more information here).
- Group fields can not be converted to intergroup fields later on. In this scenario you must create a completely new field and then transfer data into this field via an import.
- Make sure that field names are unique (e.g. First Name as group field and additionally as intergroup field).
- Whenever you delete fields from your account all data contained in those fields will be lost for all recipients.
- We recommend to always select intergroup fields.