You can add up to 45 fields to your recipient lists. After creating the new fields you can either fill them with data manually or by importing a file. Just go to the list and click on [Settings] > [Fields]. There you can see all saved fields, divided into list fields and intergroup fields. In general, we recommend using intergroup fields, find further details here.
Additionally, you have to determine what kind of field this is. This is important so that later on potential date and number fields can be used correctly within the system (see Segmentation). The following field types are available:
- Text: for simple text fields, e.g. first name and last name
- Number: specifically for numeric values such as ZIP, coupon code
- Gender: necessary for personalized salutation
- Date: for date information such as birthday
In addition you have the following options:
- Online text: this feature enables you to enter a fixed alternative value to be displayed in the online version
- Intergroup (selected by default): Fields applying to all lists. This is necessary if e.g. multiple groups should be addressed and the recipients should receive a personalized salutation (find more information here).
- Local fields cannot be converted to intergroup fields. In this case, you will have to create all fields again and transfer data to these fields via an Import
- Make sure that field names are unique (e.g. First Name as group field and additionally as intergroup field).
- Whenever you delete fields from your account all data contained in those fields will be lost for all recipients.
- In general, we recommend to always manage intergroup fields.
- Please note, that within the respective fields you can save a maximum of 255 physical tokens
- Fields cannot have the same name as our system fields. They are: "email", "id", "registered", "activated", "deactivated", "pool_id", "imported", "bounced", "bounce", "active", "source", "unsubscribe", "userid", "filter", "group_id", "blacklist", "tags" and "crtags".